Since sustainability is an important issue for all hosting organization and the entire SIA community, the organisers of the conference intend to integrate sustainability aspects into the conference planning and while the conference takes place. In this respect, important features are:
Minimising transport during conference
- Accommodation is recommended in walking distance to the conference venue.
- Joint collection services will be organised from and to Addis Ababa Airport.
Reducing waste generation
- Water dispensers in various conference rooms replace drinking water in plastic bottles. Participants will receive individual cups for water tapping.
- Conference rooms will be equipped with color-coded waste bins for waste separation
- Writing pads provided to the participants are made from recycling paper.
- to order vegetarian food for their meals (please mark while registering)
- to sort their waste
- to use few or no plastic bottle for drinks
- to switch off electricity when leaving their hotel rooms
- to save water during showering and toilet use
- to use hotel towels several days
- to use the provided bus shuttle or public transport when moving through the city.
Please help us to bring sustainability aspects into the conference!