Sustainable Textile Program (eTEX) in Ethiopia
The programme has selected various partners and actors in the industry to help improve social and environmental standards in textile and garments factories.
Together with the German textile initiative (Textilbündnis), the aim of the German government’s programme for sustainable production of textiles and clothing is to provide institutional support for Ethiopian companies. With consulting for political institutions and trade associations, the industry is in a better position to meet the needs of international buyers and identify better business opportunities.
- Eastern Africa
- Good management practices
- Updating standard curriculum for sustainability in textiles
Lead implementation agencies
- The Ministry of Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Textile and Garment Manufacturers' Association (ETGAMA)
- Ethiopian Textile Industry Development Institute (ETIDI)
- Industrial Parks Development Corporation of Ethiopia (IPDC)
- Ethiopian Ministry of Environment, Forestry, and Climate Change
- Ethiopian Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA)